Saturday, May 14, 2011

My "Little" Man

Mother's Day with my little man.   It is hard to believe he is already 7 years old.  He has come sooo far in his life.  What an amazing journey it has been for him.  More adversity than many kids endure, but endless blessings and love from so many, that many never experience. As we embark on this crossroads, I can't help but reflect a bit.  Five days after Keenan was born, we thought he was going home to be with the Lord.  He was such a sick little baby, but little did we know the kind of fight God had given him.  Praise Him!!!!!  I can't imagine missing the incredible blessing he is in my life.  He has taught me so much in his short life:  how to be positive under pressure, how to endure pain, how to be patient in all things, how to have faith in ALL circumstances.  Priceless lessons taught to me through the innocence of my little boy. 


It is hard to believe that in 10 more days his life will never again be the same!!!!  What is in store????  How exciting (and a bit scary) to think about the week that is ahead for him.  He seems to be handling it well right now.  He does talk about the surgery a bit and does so without any tears. 

So many things to do this week....the end of the school year for the two of us, planning what needs to be packed for all of us, finalizing details for Kaylee Ann, getting graduation gifts, running errands, etc.  I know all the details will come together, as they always do.  :-)

If God puts Keenan on your heart this week, we would ask for you to take a minute to pray for him in the following ways:  safety during the surgery and a recovery as free from pain as possible, his sinuses are OUT OF CONTROL and is on antibiotic in hopes that it will help get that cleared up before surgery, that he enjoys flying. 

I hope to figure out how to upload video to the blog, so you can see his post operation physical therapy. 

How thankful I am God has brought us to this place in Keenan's journey!!!!   He does work in amazing ways, and in His time.  All I want for Keenan is that he know Christ, follow after his dreams, whatever they may be, and show kindness and compassion to others.  But, if I could shoot for the moon, my dream for him is to walk down the halls of his high school and be able to carry his books to class without any help.  To me, that would be the icing on the cake.  One thing I do know, with God, ALL things are possible.........

Blessings and love,
Tammy

3 comments:

Refiner's Fire said...

Testing to see if a comment will post.

Unknown said...

Praying for you all today!! Hope the flight was great!!

Heather

Christy said...

Tammy, this is beautiful. You have a gift putting your heart into words. Love you my dear friend!

Christy