Sunday, May 1, 2011

A "Bone" to Savor

God often "throws me a bone" (a little something to let me know He is near) and a few nights ago, while rocking Kaylee before putting her to bed, He served me a very unique and timely "bone".

Some of you will think I am a complete weirdo, but that is okay because the story is cool.  When I was a little girl, I often watched reruns of the TV show, The Waltons.  There was always something appealing about the life they lived on the mountain.  Well, there are still reruns on an obscure channel I happened to find a few months ago.  On rare occasion, when I get to rock Kaylee before bed, I watch it for a bit.

On this particular evening, it was a two-hour episode and I caught the last 15 minutes of it.  The youngest girl, Erin, must have had some type of accident and had braces on her legs.  Apparently her chances of walking again did not look good, but she had made some progress over time.  Well, one of her brothers was pushing her on the swing until he got called away for a moment.  Another brother was nearby, in the barn, watching Erin.  The swing came to a stop and she wanted to get off the swing.  Her crutches were laying on a bench very near the swing.  So, she leaned herself over to the crutches and was preparing to ready herself to walk when Jason, the brother watching her from the barn, encouraged Erin to walk to him.  After some prodding, Erin took two successful steps to her older brother--which was the beginning of her road to total recovery.  (It is the Waltons, ya know.  There had to be a nice, happy ending.) 

What were the odds of seeing an episode of ANY television show with content such as this, at such a time as this.? They are 100% when our focus is on God and seeking His direction for our lives.  There has yet to be a time when I have earnestly sought  His plan that He has not "thrown me a bone" to let me know He was right there, watching over the given situation, and guiding me.  In this instance, I was so energized and excited.  God was saying to me, look at what is yet to come for Keenan.  I can make ALL things new!

So, thank you Lord, for showing me a glimpse of what I believe is yet to come for my son.  You are awesome and so very personal, if we but have our eyes fixed on you.  To me, there are NO coincidences, only divine appointments with the creator of the universe.  I am grateful I did not miss this meeting!!

No comments: