Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Need Prayer for Healing of Incision

Keenan's incision has not been uncovered yet, but we are having drainage from it.  Had my friend look at it who is a nurse, and followed-up with a doctor today.  So far, they think the drainage is okay, but we are watching it closely.  The tape is starting to roll, which could allow for bacteria to enter the area.  We are not supposed to take off the dressing until Friday, which seems like an eternity at this point.

Tomorrow the doctor wants to look at the site again, to see if there have been any changes and will decide what to do, if anything, at that point.  I am trying sooooo hard not to worry, but as the tape has rolled a bit this afternoon, it looks like a small area of skin was irritated by that tape and lifted, leaving that spot looking "raw", for lack of better explanation.

Man, it just seems like I can't ever get to the point with Keenan where I feel like I can exhale.  He is doing so very well from the surgery and making progress in getting stronger each day.  That is exciting, but feel like my full enjoyment of it is stifled by my fear that he could have another possible hurdle to jump if that area becomes infected.  I am just not going to allow myself to "go there".  I have no reason to worry, but only to be cautious and watchful.  God does not want us to live in fear and in a couple of days I want to be able to say I trusted and was not consumed by that very thing being put in my path to make me stumble.

So, prayers the next couple of days for that site are needed.  Also, if you could, pray that I put my faith where my mouth is and truly trust that God is over this entire situation.  I know He is in my head and believe it to be so in my heart, but the waiting is where we are put to the test and get refined.  Boy, isn't that the case!!!!  There must be no other way to grow in faith, huh, because I am pretty sure I would have run into it by now.  :-)

That is all the time I have for now.

Thank you for lifiting this situation in prayer.  I don't know what I would do without friends and loved ones to stand in the gap and pray with me. 

Tammy

5 comments:

dobrien said...

It's long, but beautiful to "say out loud in your head", I think.

"I bind this day to me for ever.
By power of faith, Christ's incarnation;
His baptism in the Jordan river;
His death on Cross for my salvation;
His bursting from the spicèd tomb;
His riding up the heavenly way;
His coming at the day of doom;*
I bind unto myself today.

I bind unto myself the power
Of the great love of the cherubim;
The sweet 'well done' in judgment hour,
The service of the seraphim,
Confessors' faith, Apostles' word,
The Patriarchs' prayers, the Prophets' scrolls,
All good deeds done unto the Lord,
And purity of virgin souls.

I bind unto myself today
The virtues of the starlit heaven,
The glorious sun's life-giving ray,
The whiteness of the moon at even,
The flashing of the lightning free,
The whirling wind's tempestuous shocks,
The stable earth, the deep salt sea,
Around the old eternal rocks.

I bind unto myself today
The power of God to hold and lead,
His eye to watch, His might to stay,
His ear to hearken to my need.
The wisdom of my God to teach,
His hand to guide, His shield to ward,
The word of God to give me speech,
His heavenly host to be my guard.

Against the demon snares of sin,
The vice that gives temptation force,
The natural lusts that war within,
The hostile men that mar my course;
Or few or many, far or nigh,
In every place and in all hours,
Against their fierce hostility,
I bind to me these holy powers.

Against all Satan's spells and wiles,
Against false words of heresy,
Against the knowledge that defiles,
Against the heart's idolatry,
Against the wizard's evil craft,
Against the death wound and the burning,
The choking wave and the poisoned shaft,
Protect me, Christ, till Thy returning.

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger."

(It's, also from about the 5th century.)

Thinking of you and yours.

Randa said...

Tam...I lost your site and just found it again! Sounds like such an amazing journey and great progress already! We will be praying for the incision and back...that has to be irritating and painful! Also praying for you and your ability to exhale just a bit! :) I am in awe how you are able to write the most perfect words!

Keep up the good work KEE! Love you guys!
Randa

Jaime Kubik said...

Tam,

My devotion today was about faith. A quote from it, "Great faith comes through great trials." I know I would rather "great faith comes from great days" but God has other plans in mind. (Isn't that just delightful?!) Of course I am always praying for you, but when we have worries, we just have to trust -- obviously easier said than done!

Two verses from my devotion that I think you might like:
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe"

But if you are afraid, simply tell God, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you" (Ps. 56:3)

Love you so much!!
Jaime

P.S. I think it's time to ask God to throw you a bone...gonna go do that right now!

Unknown said...

Your journey has always involved waiting on His timing. As it is often with all of us. I am encouraged by your faithfulness to the perfection of His divine timing. We know and believe that his timing is perfect, but when it involves our loved ones we can't help but worry.
Praying for strength as you wait... And healing to come rapidly!!

Keenan, you are a hero buddy!! Keep working hard at PT! I'm so proud of you! Love you bunches!!!

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord"
Love to you all,
Heather

sjeanboyd said...

The poem at the beginning of the comments is quieting and so useful for this and every day. Oh Tam, you are so open with your heart and your concerns, our Father in Heaven has heard your heart and where two or more are gathered He will be there and answer. I lift you and Kee, Brad and Kaylee up and place Kee in his lap. He will wrap his arms around all of you and kiss and bathe Kee in healing. Continuing to pray and anking for patience and courage for you.

I love you
Sondra